Re: Node Down/Interface Up/ Node UP Events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node Down/Interface Up/ Node UP Events
From: CHANCELLOR.D.ELLIS@customs.treas.gov
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:11:19 -0400
What kind of device are these? We have a problem with Cisco 1700 series
routers with a certain level IOS that if the Fast Ethernet port is set to
Admin Down the router continually sends if up/dn traps and netview
generates a trap also.

Our solution, since these interfaces are not in use, was to set the keep
alives to zero. This causes netview to show the interface as red on the
map though. Cisco has released a patch for this but our process for
implementing an IOS change is so lengthy it hasn't been updated yet.

Just something else you might want to check into.

"CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
10/05/2001 10:22 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion