Node Down/Interface Up/ Node UP Events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Node Down/Interface Up/ Node UP Events
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 09:22:06 -0500
During polling cycle I have two nodes that constantly have:
node down, interface up, node up events from Netmon. ATT has checked the
circuit in one of those nodes and they see no problems. I checked the node when
it was "up/green" using a quicktest and I got the same traps/events node
down/interface up/node up.

When i do a ping from the command line I get no packets lost. What is going on
here?