Re: Node Down/Interface Up/ Node UP Events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node Down/Interface Up/ Node UP Events
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:09:23 -0500
Catalina,

Perhaps it is related to your timeout and retries for that node.      If
netmon does not get a timely response, it will say IF down, Node
down....then at a brief time later when the responses reach netmon...it
changes it back to IF up, Node up.

You don't have to change both, you may want to set a longer timeout for
that node.

Thanks,
Stephen Hochstetler            shochste@us.ibm.com
ITSO Tivoli Coordinator - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564       FAX - 512-436-1991

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                    "CATALINA MARTINEZ"

                    <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.st       To:     <nv-l@tkg.com>

                    ate.tx.us>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                        Subject:     [NV-L] Node
Down/Interface Up/ Node
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com               UP Events

                    10/05/2001 09:22 AM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

During polling cycle I have two nodes that constantly have:
node down, interface up, node up events from Netmon. ATT has checked the
circuit in one of those nodes and they see no problems. I checked the node
when it was "up/green" using a quicktest and I got the same traps/events
node down/interface up/node up.

When i do a ping from the command line I get no packets lost. What is going
on here?