Re: Re: How to configure per user correlation rulesets?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: How to configure per user correlation rulesets?
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 10 Oct 2001 18:31:25 -0500
"Bartlomiej Grenda" <Bartlomiej.Grenda@pl.ibm.com> writes:
> James, thank you for your fast response.
>
> >All you have to do is copy /usr/OV/app-default/Nvevents in each user's
> >$HOME and change that copy rather than the global one.
>
> I already did this. It does NOT work.

did you run an xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults  ?

Or did you log completely out and then back in?  I'm not sure about
NetView on this, but often I've found that either one of these steps
is required on Unix consoles for new X resrouce settings to take
hold.

> in /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents:  I changed nvevents.correlationRule to my
> ruleset - and it worked.
> What I am doing wrong?

Are you su'd to another user when this occurs?  That might explain
ambiguity of ~/.Xdefaults