RE: dns/host/win2k dns and netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: dns/host/win2k dns and netview
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:17:31 -0400
I am not certain about this, but you could have problems later if you
follow this procedure.
I am thinking specifically about events issues, such as "highlight node on
map" or "query smartset" in a ruleset.  If the trap comes in
fully-qualified, and your selection name is not, then I am not certain
that either of those two things will work.

Charlie may be on to something with what he showed you, but he has not
showed it to anyone in NetView Support and it has not been rigorously
tested by Verification, I'll guarantee you that.  And I don't think we are
not prepared to take an APAR to make this work if it does not.   So I'd be
careful about implementing something this radical.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software
IBM Software Group
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com

"Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
10/23/2001 08:52 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion