Re: NV_L What should I use Netview or Cisco Works ? both

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV_L What should I use Netview or Cisco Works ? both
From: chuberdeau@avdl.com
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:26:28 -0400
We do use mrtg for historique but can we configure mrtg to send snmp trap.
I dont think so.

So I do have both system. but the version of Cisco Works I have does not
include monitoring.

Does anybody use netview for monitoring bandwidth or cpu ?

Thanks

Christian

"Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>@tkg.com le 2001-10-25 20:19:18

Veuillez répondre à IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>

Envoyé par :   owner-nv-l@tkg.com

Pour :    <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc :

Have you considered MRTG for your bandwidth monitoring?

>>> chuberdeau@avdl.com 25/10/2001 03:34:52 >>>
Hi  Everybody,

     I have to do monitoring of cisco's equipment and telecommunication
line bandwidth.

Can I do it only with netview or should I purchase cisco works "CWLMS-2.0".

That what I already saw or understand is if something failed on the cisco
router
for example one power supply it will send a snmp trap to my console and the
mib
allow me to interpret the message.

About bandwidth monitoring or CPU I think I have to do a collection and set
some threshold.

Can someone tell me if I m wrong ... or on the wrong track...

Thank you very much

Christian Huberdeau
Management Tools

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
Bank SA is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any
delay in its receipt.