how to keep track of change from operators

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: how to keep track of change from operators
From: "Francois Le Hir/Quebec/IBM" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:47:37 -0500
Greetings Everyone,

Do you know if there is a way to attach a note (a few lines of text) to an
object on the map ?
My problem is that we have several operators using Netview and it's
difficult to keep track of who unmanaged or acknowledged which object and
for what reason. If an operator could type a few words with for example,
the date and the ticket number that has been open for the problem in a
field on the map, and if it was possible to extract this information later
on to see what problem have not been fixed yet, it would make thinks easier
to follow.

I know it's possible to create a new field in the object database but I was
wondering what amount of text this field could contain, and how I can let
the operator view and edit it from the map.

I am using Netview 6.02 with AIX 4.3.3

Thanks,
Regards,

Francois Le Hir