RE: RFC 2790 MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: RFC 2790 MIB
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:03:25 -0600
James.

I used the same method. I got the RFC from
http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2790.txt .

I'll try to get some help from Tivoli support.

Can you tell me if I can use this mib to query AIX and Solaris filesystems?
Or will
I require another agent to be loaded?

Thanks
Ray.

> Then call Support,  Ray.  Either you need a new binary from them or they
> need to help you edit the MIB.
> I got mine by downloading the RFC, text and all, and cutting the actual
MIB
> from it.  Where did you get yours?

> What is at 339 or 1526 in your copy?

> In any case, the reason you get different numbers for the error is that
you
> did not close the GUI and restart it after the error was encountered the
> first time.  By that time the MIB text has already been concatenated to
the
> temp copy of the MIB database in memory, so the number changes when you
try
> it again, and yet another copy if added.  The rule for using the MIB
loader
> is to close it and investigate your error.  If you just try it again, it
> will fail again, and now the line number counter will be off.

> James Shanks
> Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
> Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Ray Westphal
NMSA Systems Administrator
Phone: (314) 512-3867