Rules stop functioning

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Rules stop functioning
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:32:02 -0600
NetView 6.0.2 AIX 4.3.3

I am loading several different rules into the ESE.automation file. All of
the rules end with an action block and contain no screen outputs or anything
else that is prohibited in the usage of the ESE.automation file. All of the
rules appear to stop processing as if the actionsvr daemon has died, but
when I check it has not. The entries in the nvaction.alog stop and no
actions in the rules process. I have to manually restart the actionsvr
daemon and then everyting starts processng again. I am going to take a good
look at the rules again just to make sure that there isn't an error but I
thought I would write to see if anyone else has had this situation. Since
the daemon is not going down, is there another process I can watch for to
see if the rules are still processing?

Thanks,

Scott