Rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Rulesets
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:43:43 -0600
Hello All,

Running AIX 4.3.3 Netview 6.0.2

I created a ruleset that will execute a script (for a traceroute) if it
receives 3 sets of Nodes UP/DOWN from a node found in a Smartsets. When the 4th
node down is received (before the 4th node up), execute the script.

On occassions, we get Node UP/DOWN from routers (frame relay). So I have been
told to monitor these routers and when the problem starts, capture the data
from a traceroute. The problem seems to be (right now) only one router and it
occurs everytime Netmon goes through its polling cycle. So every 5 min, we get
a set of Interface down, node down, interface up, node up.

I have a smartset with all the routers (in question)are in it. The ruleset I
created is a follows (which is not working):
event--> trap Node Down Input 1 ―> trap Node up Input 2 ―> reset on match ―>
query smartset (wan routers) ―> threshold 3 / 1 hr ―> action

I suppose I could do it for a particular node (for example, the one in question
right now) by using the Event Attributes but I really would like to have it set
up for that particular Smartset.

Any suggestions...