RE: [nv-l] Duplicated events generated from ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Duplicated events generated from ruleset
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:54:46 -0500

Where you do it is up to you.  But if ever you have more than one copy of a ruleset running with those actions in it, you will get duplicate events.
The copy in tecint.conf being run by nvserverd is generating them and so is the copy you opened in a dynamic workspace.  It doesn't matter who runs the ruleset, each copy causes yet another instance of the command being sent to actionsvr.

Usually however, people do use a ruleset without a Forward in ESE.automation to generate their own events, and a different one in tecint.conf to forward them to TEC, to keep the functions logically separate, but you can do whatever makes the most sense for your environment.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>

01/28/2002 04:30 PM