[nv-l] Duplicated events generated from ruleset

To: "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Duplicated events generated from ruleset
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:58:54 -0600
Hi.  I'm running 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3.  I have a section of my ruleset that looks
like this:

IBM_NVNDWN_EV --> Inline Action (ping node, RC=1 if doesn't respond) --> Query
Smartset (pass if in Smartset) --> Action (generate event 1001)

IBM_NVNUP_EV --> Query Smartset (pass if in Smartset) --> Action (generate
event 1002)

This ruleset is used to forward events to T/EC.

If I have only the Events display loaded, it appears to work fine.  However, if
I have the ruleset loaded as a dynamic workspace, then I get one node down/up,
but two of the 1001/1002.  So...

Instead of:

Interface_Down --> Node_Down --> 1001
Interface_Up --> Node_Up --> 1002

I get:

Interface_Down --> Node_Down --> 1001,1001
Interface_Up --> Node_Up --> 1002,1002

I am totally confused by this and am hoping somebody can enlighten me as to
what is going on.

Thanks for any help.

Craig