[nv-l] CiscoWorks Integration

Subject: [nv-l] CiscoWorks Integration
From: "Brian Green" <brian.green@cgi.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:49:33 -0500
Hi All,

I have a problem with the Netview - CiscoWorks integration, and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this.  I have NetView 7.1 installed, and I loaded the CiscoView integration and the Netview71ServerAdapter.jar through the nmic.sh script.  When a new Cisco device is detected, the variable isCisco is not being set to true in the NetView database.

Does anyone know whose responsibility it is to set this variable - NetView or CiscoView?  I am being told by support here in Canada that the variable is set by CiscoView, but does that mean I have to re-run the integration pack every time a new Cisco device is found?  I thought that the whole purpose of loading the pack is to enable NetView to recognize Cisco elements automatically.

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Brian W. Green
Partner and Consultant