RE: [nv-l] Demand Poll Object Disappears

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Demand Poll Object Disappears
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:29:48 -0600
You probably have a duplicate IP address. When you demand poll the device,
an interface is discovered that already exists in the database and so netmon
deletes the object. Here is what I would do:

Find out all the interface addresses on the device
use ovobjprint -s | grep <address>

repeat for each of the addresses until the duplicate shows up - then re-ip
one of the devices. The other possibility I would think is if this interface
is a redundant - i.e. there is *SUPPOSED* to be a duplicate IP.

If the object with the duplicate address cannot be located in the map - try
standard topology fixes:

ovmapcount -a
ovtopofix -A

If the object STILL won't clear out, you may need to manually delete the
object from the database using the <UNSUPPORED> ovwdbdmap -d <object number>

Just to re-iterate use of ovwdbdmap for deleting objects is UNSUPPORTED and
may corrupt your data base - use as a very last resort and make a back up of
/usr/OV/database/openview first