[nv-l] nvsniffer

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] nvsniffer
From: "Jorge A. Jiles" <Jorge.Jiles@ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:29:51 -0700
Netview 7.1 Solaris 8

I'm testing the nvsniffer program for service discovering and I haven't
been able to find a way to enter ip ranges in the configuration file other
than * for all nodes or even 2 or 3 nodes. I tried comas, blanks, etc
between nodes addresses, but it interprets them as part of the ip address.
I know a node collection can be setup and enter its name in the
configuration file, but it seems like a lot
of work for just a few nodes. Perhaps there is information out there on
nvsniffer that is better than the man pages or online help.

Thanks for any info.

Jorge A Jiles
Network Analyst
Computing & Network Services