Re: [nv-l] nvsniffer

Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvsniffer
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:52:59 +0000
I have an APAR open to do with nvsniffer service traps - they are
inconsistent between NT and Unix.  See attached.

Cheers,
Jane

Please use "tme_support@uk.ibm.com". If the
engineer who has been dealing with your PMR is
not available, then your response can be dealt
with by another member of the support team.

HI Jane,

I had a further update on this trap problem.

The apar is IY27193.

Please be advised that the fix for this problem, which is documented in
APAR IY27193, will not be fixed in 7.1.1 as I originally stated.
Development has decided to completely re-sync the specific event ids  in

the NT and UNIX versions of the product; that is, they plan to make them

all match, as part of 7.1.2, which is planned for late in 2002.  The
reason
for postponing this is that more significant  changes involving
trapd.conf
will occur in the later release, and it was felt that the customer
should
see this impact only once, and not twice.

While the three events below will be changed so that the specific  ids
will
be those used on NT  (58982416  Service Added , 58982417  Service
Deleted
Service Added , and 58982417  CNAT Normalized,  will become the standard
on
all platforms), generally speaking, the current plan is to make the RFI
events on NT match those in use on UNIX today.  Steps will also be taken
so
that the specific ids in the two platforms do not get out of synch
again.

Regards,
                      Alison.

IBM Technical Support
Warwick UK
Tel. 08457 151516

                    Jane Curry
                    <jane.curry@skills-       To:     UK
TME10-Support/UK/IBM@IBMGB
                    1st.co.uk>                cc:
                                              Subject:     Re: PMR 40998
- nvsniffer trap
customisation
                    18-01-02 11:14

Hi Alison,
I agree it's the NV 7.1 for Unix that is in error (it is probably the
same on Solaris as AIX???).  If we have an APAR number, I can track it
and I can do my own re-customisation, pro-tem.

Please consider the PMR closed.

Many thanks,
Jane

UK TME10-Support wrote:

> Please use "tme_support@uk.ibm.com". If the
> engineer who has been dealing with your PMR is
> not available, then your response can be dealt
> with by another member of the support team.
>
> Hi Jane,
>
> I found that our NetView NT 6.03 had the same traps as
> the NetView NT 7.1, so I think it's the NetView 7.1 for AIX
> which is in error.
>
> I've raised apar IY27193 which should hopefully be fixed
> in 7.1.1.
>
> Do you have a workaround you can use?  Are you happy
> to close the PMR at this stage?
>
> Regards,
>                    Alison.
>
> IBM Technical Support