Re: [nv-l] Can't receive event from Cisco Switch

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Can't receive event from Cisco Switch
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 21 Feb 2002 09:57:05 -0600
=?ks_c_5601-1987?B?Irmux/a9wiI=?= <alwayshappy@naver.com> writes:
> Hello. I'm John Moon.
>
> I need some help.
>
> One of our customer have a problem.
> He use a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series & operates Router modules on the device.
> One of the router modules is main & another is backup.
>
> Sometimes router modules are resetted but Tivoli Netview doen't get
> event from the device especially from the backup router module.
>
> I send some logs & data. Please help me.

SNMP traps are carried over UDP so delivery is not guaranteed.
Sometimes a failure occurs that prevents the device from even sending
an alert because the interface on which it needed to be sent went
down.

Did you receive anything in /usr/OV/log/trapd.log ?

Some things to check:

Are you at least getting coldstart traps when the RSM comes back up?
Have you defined HSRP trapds via the addtrap command?

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/