RE: [nv-l] Replies to the list

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Replies to the list
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:50:45 -0600
Paul,

The list manager, ezmlm is designed to stop loops.   Due to this, I updated
the headers in TME10 so that replies would go back to the list, not the
person.    This does allow out-of-office reply's to hit the list.     The
list policy for TME10 asks people to do one of the following when leaving
on vacation.   For Notes users, they can do the setup to not respond to
Internet mail or they can change their subscription to digest or they can
unsubscribe while they are gone.

The worst is at Christmas.   If someone on the list sent me a vacation
reply,  as the list administrator I sent that person a note and changed
their subscription to digest.    This stopped the messages from them going
to people posting.

This allows people to reply to posts...and the answers to go to the list
easily.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-8701

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                    "IMHOFF,MICHAE

                    L                    To:     Paul Stroud
<pstroud@bellsouth.net>,
                    (HP-Denmark,ex        reamd@Nationwide.com

                    1)"                  cc:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                    <michael_imhof       Subject:     RE: [nv-l] Replies to the
list
                    f@hp.com>

                    02/26/2002

                    11:16 PM

Two options:

- Get used to use "reply-to-all"
- Filters. There must be a way the list server can filter out out-of-office
replies.

BR. Michael.