[nv-l] Forward Cisco Events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Forward Cisco Events
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:43:27 -0500

NetView 6.0.3 AIX 4.3.3

Our Cisco events are boing sent via syslog to our Cisco Works box. We are processing the events with a script on that box that filters and assigns operational priority of the messages. If it is a message that we choose to alert on, I am looking for a way to get the messages to the NetView box. The Cisco Works box is a Solaris machine. Is there a trap generator that can be called to send a trap to NetView? We don't want to send all of the traps from the Cisco devices directly to NetView because we found that our 2000+ Cisco devices practically kill NetView with the trap volume. That is the pupose of the pre-processing on the Solaris box. Has anyone attempted anything like this. Suggestions? Thank You!

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik@pbsg.com