Re: [nv-l] Web Console (data collection)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web Console (data collection)
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 15:38:51 -0400
No. You could, however, take one of these approaches:

- Use some reporting tool to generate reports from the collected data and
publish
them somewhere for users to fetch with a browser
- Add an extention to the web client, which we can do now for 7.1.1 and
higher, to
fetch published reports
-  Use the SNMP mib browser on the client, and graph realtime from that,
for
diagnostic purposes.

The patch to allow you to add extentions to the web client is available
from Support.
It lets you add functions to the menu which run commands on the server, and
shows
the results in a browser instance.

Detroit

                      "Brian Green"

<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Web Console

                      07/26/2002 09:45

                      AM

Does anyone know if the Web Console can be used to display the collected
SNMP data?  I know we can do it through the X Console, but there are
clients
we don't want to give access to that - we just want to give them the Web
console.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green, TCC
Consultant
CGI InfoSec COE
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155