RE: [nv-l] Discovering Non-IP based ports

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Discovering Non-IP based ports
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:06:06 -0400
FYI - My problem fixed.

I sat down with the Infrastructure folk.  Apparently, they have the network
assets configured to send Traps, but never issued the 'snmp enable traps'
command, thus while the configs showed the assets should be sending traps,
they were not.

I was mostly interested in the Link Up/Down traps which subsequently started
coming after the snmp command was entered.  I can now act on those traps as
I need.

Thanks,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer