Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.2 CiscoWorks2000 Integration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.2 CiscoWorks2000 Integration
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:46:05 -0500
I always install and run the integration utility in a Cisco environment
whether there is a CW at the site or not. It gives me bitmaps, and it
gives me fields that help with Smartsets and hand-made reports.
It provides V2 mibs, although those are already provided by Netview.
It does not load the traps, but Netview does that for you already.

The other thing it does is give you a way to launch Device View
for a selected node on the map. This part seems to be tricky
depending on the levels of OS, java, etc. Every time these change
there is usually some discussion here where the issues are resolved.

The benefit of this function is slight, in my mind, mostly because it
launches a separate instance of your browser for each invocation.
If you just launch the browser once and point it at your CW machine,
you can launch the Device Views directly, but you have to type in
the names of the devices. Also, this integration requires that the CW box
and the NV box use the same name resolution or CW won't find the
devices.

The integration does not really add any load to either Netview box,
except when you launch a view.

Anybody else?

Detroit

                      OZCAN

                      CAVUS@sibnet.com.        To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      tr                       cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Netview 7.1.2
CiscoWorks2000 Integration
                      10/23/2002 07:03

                      AM

Hi,

Does anybody know the advantages of integration NetView with CiscoWorks?
Is this integration gets additional loads to the system that is CiscoWorks
or NetView installed? And one more, is it enough to do the steps which is
written in the adapter folder?

Thanks

NetView 7.1.2 and CiscoWorks2000 works on NT. Not the same machine.