RE: [nv-l] Netveiw 7.1.2 on SuSE 8 problems

Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netveiw 7.1.2 on SuSE 8 problems
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejan.mijailovic@inquent.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 09:26:50 -0500
Jane,

Yes I had that problem with pdksh, and it is OK now. I had to use pdksh from
the Install CDROM.
But this is something new. Check the netnmrc script.

netnmrc gets installed in to the /usr/rc.d/init.d this directory is weird.
And what is /etc/rc.d/inet.d/xinetd ?

If I manually start /sbin/rpc.statd, the run of the netnmrc is fine.
Somehow, it is
assumed that rpc.statd on SuSE8 is always running, and if not, it looks like
this is the wrong way to be started.
Did someone install NetView on SuSE 8?
If yes, can I see the netnmrc script?

Thanks