RE: [nv-l] [nv] NV-OV interconnection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] [nv] NV-OV interconnection
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:17:14 -0500

MLM gives an option to forward traps via tcp. It it were the sole trap
receptor,
it could forward t both systems. Or an MLM on the Netview box could forward
both to the local Netview and the remote OV, with a similar setup on the OV
system. I'm not sure what the platform is of your OV system, but there
might be
an MLM that runs on it.

Detroit

                      MaGross@ifsc.de

                                               To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                      02/03/2003 09:42         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  RE: [nv-l] [nv] NV-OV
interconnection

Hello...

>Marcus, can you explain more about what you are trying to do?
>Perhaps the MLM can be used. Are you thinking of unsolicited
>traps, or both Netview and OV internal events as well?

I want to exchange traps received by OV from company a and received by NV
from company b.
These (exchanged) traps had to go an "secure" way.
SNMP-UDP is not secure. Internal events are insignificant.

Marcus