[nv-l] NV 713 : Server Migration... Help required in steps involved the

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NV 713 : Server Migration... Help required in steps involved the same.
From: "Mithun Prakash Prabhu" <Mithun_Prabhu@infosys.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:32:25 +0530

Hello list,

We have a NV 713 existing and running perfectly on a low end SUN server. All is working fine as far as functionality is concerned. We have got a new high end SUN server which is configuration wise double the speed and HDD capacity as the old one is. So we need to migrate the complete working NV 713 server on to the new server. What is the best practice to do the same. Is it that we need to backup the NV DB , use tar and then untar it on to the new server with NV and patches installed( ofcourse with TMF and MN components on the same) I would like to know the best procedure to do the same. Somewhere I read the tar/pax method is the best, but amnot sure about the steps involved. So if someone will be able to share their migration experrinces and documents if possible..

TIA.

Regards,

Mithun Prabhu