RE: [nv-l] NV 713 : Server Migration... Help required in steps involved

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV 713 : Server Migration... Help required in steps involved the same.
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:21:00 -0500
Well, it's been awhile since I did this, and the details are fuzzy.  I
don't normally do installs but I have seen this work
I believe that if you just install using the Framework and the
/usr/OV.backv7r1 directory is in place, then it will be found and merged.
Why not try that?

If it installs NetView afresh and ignores the usr/OV.backv7r1 directory,
then try it a second time.  It may be that the Framework requires NetView
to be installed once before it gives you the upgrade option.  I am not
certain about that.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Mithun Prakash Prabhu" <Mithun_Prabhu@infosys.com>
02/20/2003 07:17 AM