Re: [nv-l] Physical port monitoring

To: "Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Physical port monitoring
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 20 Feb 2003 13:04:53 -0600
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
"Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com> writes:
> Todd and Bernard,
>
> Todd, we are useing the new T!/IMA cards in Cisco Routers.  Used to
> use SNMP compatible CSU/DSU's but the Cisco seem so easy and cost
> effective.

Cisco's generally got good SNMP monitoring support... open a ticket
with them and see if they can't point you to a trap that tells you the
info you seek, and how you can tell the cards and/or router chasis to
send that alert back to your NetView.

Worst case with Cisco stuff, sometimes you have to write an Expect
script to go run some CLI commands on the Cisco box and do things
based on the parsed output of some commands.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/