RE: [nv-l] Physical port monitoring

To: "'Mike Walsh'" <Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Physical port monitoring
From: "Dickerson, Luzon (US - Hermitage)" <ldickerson@deloitte.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:23:08 -0600
Hello Mike,

        We are currently monitoring physical T's of an IMA group.  We use
Cisco Routers so we have traps sent from the Cisco Router to NetView when an
IMA goes down.  I have not found a way to actually have NetView to poll the
IMA, because NetView will poll the (Common IP address).  But we are
successfully monitoring the individual IMA's with Cisco Traps.  Hope this
helps.

Luzon Dickerson
ESM Architect
Deloitte & Touche LLP