RE: [nv-l] Custom Menu Functionality from NV Event List

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Custom Menu Functionality from NV Event List
From: "DiIulio, Daniel" <Daniel.DiIulio@DigitalNet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:42:39 -0500
Hello All,

In the 7.1.3 for Unix release notes under the section entitled 'Customizing the
Web Console Menu' outlines the process for adding menu items to the menu bar.
It provides an example to add two menu items (Ovobjprint and MIB System Group),
on pg.2.

The steps to accomplish this are pretty straight forward (editing MenuBar.xml
to add the appropriate lines for both items), which I've done.  I'm struggling
with Step number 3 'Use the Web Console Security application to add these two
new actions to the roles that you want to contain them'.  I can't seem to find
the option for me to do that within the Web Console Security utility.  I can
add a user, define roles for users, add new roles, etc. - but can't seem to
find where or how to add a menu item?  I can see the list of options/controls
(right hand pane) that a user or role has access to for which you can check or
uncheck to control access.

Is it a question of somehow forcing Netview to re-read the 'MenuBar.xml' file?
If so, how do I do that?  I've stopped and started all NV services, in addition
to stopping and restarting Web services but can't seem to get it working, or at
least it's not apparent to me that a change has taken place.

Also - as I mentioned yesterday, I want to be able to somehow right click en
event (not an object) to push the event contents out to a flatfile or to a DB
on a remote server (Remedy, etc.).  Will I be able to accomplish that through
the Web Console?  If I righ-click on an event, the only option I have is to
view the details of the event, I want to add to that menu somehow to get it to
invoke a script that facilitates the push to either a flatfile or DB.

Sorry for the long-winded message, but many thanks in advance for any help.

Kindest regards,

Dan