Re: [nv-l] DFM traps not getting forwarded to TEC Console

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] DFM traps not getting forwarded to TEC Console
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:43:24 -0500
Did you reload the ruleset after you changed it?
nvcorrd loads a ruleset and then uses his internal copy.  To get him to
reload it, the user of the ruleset must cancel his old session and start a
new one.
With an event window, it's obvious how to do that. You close the window
and reopen it.  For the NetView for UNIX internal TEC adapter in nvserverd
you have two choices.
        (1) ovstop/ovstart nvserverd
This disrupts all your open event windows momentarily but is preferred by
some users as a sure-fire method.
        (2) nvtecia -reload
See the man page on the nvtecia command which can cause nvserverd to
reload the TEC ruleset without disrupting his other sessions.

Still doesn't work?  Try an nvcorrd trace and see what happens when that
event gets processed.  To turn on the trace use "nvcdebug -d all".  Then
go look in the nvcorrd.alog.  As traps are processed you will see an
eyecatcher "Received a trap" and  "Finished with a trap" -- everything in
between is what nvcorrd did to that trap.  Can't figure it out?  Call
Support.  They can read it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
03/12/2003 12:14 PM