[nv-l] NetView with Tivoli Firewall Security Toolbox

Subject: [nv-l] NetView with Tivoli Firewall Security Toolbox
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:52:28 +0100
My Scenario is NetView 7.1.3 on AIX. The box also has a Tivoli Endpoint installed (Version 106) and the Tivoli Firewall Security Toolbox (TFST) Event Sink (1.3). I am also running the TEC 3.8 correlation gateway (in fact on the same box). The TFST effectively converts from non-TME to TME events.

My aim is to effectively create NetView events that use TME communications (to get around firewall limitations), so we have:
 nvserverd -> TFST Event Sink -> Endpoint -> SCE TEC Gateway -> TEC

The SCE TEC gateway is dropping the events as ill-formed. Looking at the log in the SCE TEC gateway, the events look fine except there is a ^C at the beginning of the event at the start of the class name. I've tested the same event with a postemsg and it works fine. If I use the standard TEC gateway, without the state-correlation, it works a treat but I would like to get it into the new SCE gateway.

Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565