RE: [nv-l] bandwidth utilization calculations..

To: "John M Gatrell" <John.Gatrell@uk.ibm.com>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] bandwidth utilization calculations..
From: "Brian Backer" <brian.backer@CenturyTel.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:32:57 -0500
John,
I agree, I think this is the only system on our network that has half-Duplex gig..(ifconfig shows simplex) (and it's our TSM server... go figure)
I am using the raw data pulled from snmpget, thus the time factor was included.

Now, question for you.. If you have a half-D link, and you still calculate the utilization separately (in and out) How do you then take those figures and say "this link is xx% utilized"... or don't you?  I would assume that perhaps you would then add the 2 - %'s together and basically come up with the same deal.

thanks