Re: [nv-l] Discovering duplicate routers

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Discovering duplicate routers
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:31:33 -0500

Did those new interfaces have a separate name in the DNS?    Did the new
routers reflect that new name?    Would it be possible to resolve all 4
interfaces to the same hostname?    Try that with one router and rediscover
it.   It should fix the problem.

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                      Andrea_Martino@Pe

                      pBoys.com                To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                               cc:

                      07/08/2003 01:22         Subject:  [nv-l] Discovering
duplicate routers
                      PM

All,
     We currently have 630 routers in our environment.  All have been
discovered on our main IP map. Each router had 3 interfaces. Back several
months ago our communications team added another interface to each router
bringing the total to 4. The new interface was automatically added to the
router icon on the map, however, it created a new object in "New Object
Holding Area."  The devices seem to be identical. If I delete one or both,
they are rediscovered in the same fashion. My temporary fix was to hide the
routers that were discovered in the "New Object Holding Area."  This seems
to be working for now but I would like to fix this issue the correct way.
Any suggestions????

Thanks,
Andrea

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential
and only for the use of the intended addressee(s).  If you have received
this communication in error, any disclosure or use of such information is
strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies.  Thank you.

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)