Re: [nv-l] name change on all devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] name change on all devices
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:20:30 -0400

Netmon will do it for you, you know. Name changes are supposed to be
updated at configuration poll time. To force all nodes to be due for a
configuration poll immediately, do your regular housekeeping which should
include an 'ovtopofix -a' (or -A, see the man page) and a restart of
netmon. You will of couse have updated DNS. I hope you are on a current
version of the code. Current code will update the names of the interface
objects as well, while older code did not.

Detroit

                      "DePhillips,

                      Frank"                   To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      <fdephillips@McLe        cc:

                      odUSA.com>               Subject:  [nv-l] name change on
all devices

                      07/16/2003 10:56

                      AM

        We are changing are naming standard and all routers will be
changing names at one time.  What is the best way to do this all at once?
I can do a demand poll on one device at a time but can I do it all at once?

Thanks

Frank

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, copying
or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.