RE: [nv-l] origin=212.252.18.0

To: "NVList (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] origin=212.252.18.0
From: Brian Kraftchick <Brian.Kraftchick@odfl.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:24:16 -0400
James,

I wanted to take a minute to thank you for the info....that is the first solid explanation that I've heard.  And the first time that it's been stated that it was at least a known issue.  The reason that I pushed the issue as far as I did was that I had a very necessary reason to use the value of the origin slot to filter Event Consoles in TEC.  With what you've suggested....using the $AGENT_ADDR in it's place....what will that populate the origin slot with then....meaning that if I have a device (Contivity Extranet Switch) with multiple interfaces...basically a router....that produces a trap to NetView...that then produces an Event in TEC....what would expect the value of $AGENT_ADDR to be ?  Maybe we could still benefit from using the origin slot.

Thanks !!!
Brian