Re: [nv-l] Web console

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web console
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
Carlos,

My NetView is also running on a W2K machine and this option is working fine. You have to check some things first:
  • Check if your switches have SNMP protocol enabled.
  • Check community names (insert on Specific Nodes or Wildcards at Options-> SNMP).
  • Check loaded MIB files. You can find many MIB files in the Internet by device manufacturer and load them into NetView.

HTH.

Mario Behring
Tivoli Consultant
Siemens Business Services
55 11 3908-2369
55 11 8125-5598
mariobehring@yahoo.com

CMazon@commercebankfl.com wrote:

I'm starting to think that Netview is far better off on AIX than it is on Windows.... there are correlation rules that are not supported on Windows, no admin guide, and a much longer list.  We are a complete Windows shop.  Does anyone know if all the functions that are provided in Unix are also available in Linux.  I can get away with having a Linux box in our environment, but purchasing a SUN box is a whole different story.

Carlos

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>

09/30/2003 03:08 AM