RE: [nv-l] dump devices script?

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] dump devices script?
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:28:09 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:34:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Depends on the information you were most interested in.  Simply, you could
execute a ovtopodump if you only wanted 'Selection Names'.  If you wanted
more you would need to write an application to connect with Ovw to dump
objects and symbols.

I have written numerous apps that search the Ovw DB, you only need to get
all submaps and then traverse each object in the submap and then to symbols,
etc.  The man pages and Programmers Reference are great sources of info.

Best of luck,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated