RE: [nv-l] trapd.log question

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] trapd.log question
From: Brian Kraftchick <Brian.Kraftchick@odfl.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:42:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:54:38 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Cool thanks James !!  I also see lowercase n's, lowercase d's, capital i's, etc.....I just want to understand what these all mean so that I can better understand exactly what is going on.  Is any of this documented anywhere?  I apologize for such lame questions, but I am still very much working on "putting all of this together" and understanding NetView's funtioning.  I also really need some help in understanding MIB's, Traps, etc.....I see all kinds of e-mails, etc. regarding "load this MIB", configure this TRAP....I just don't understand how it all ties together and desperately need some help as I feel I'm "wandering around in the dark" vs. actually producing something with NetView.  Please help...I know the main desire of this list is to help with specific technical issues, but I again, desperately, need some help with the theoretical functioning of the basics.  Unfortunately, we're not in a position that I can successfully persuade management to invest in Netview training.