RE: [nv-l] ICMP polling

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ICMP polling
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:04:33 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:14:12 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

I think you are confused, sir, and you might want to look at the help for the panel or check the books on this.
Both are ICMP and SNMP are represented on those panels.  It would be easier to explain if I knew what  version of the product you have.

But basically unless you have restricted the polling type in the seed file, then when you poll for status it will be by ICMP and the retries and timeouts will be what you have set there.  Configuration polling is by SNMP.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

DSullinger@dot.state.az.us
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/27/2003 12:46 PM