Re: [nv-l] How to make appear in IP map something in the object datbase?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to make appear in IP map something in the object datbase?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:31:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:41:32 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Did you read the man pages on ovtopofix?  What options id you use on the command?  "ovtopofix" by itself  without any options will not help you.  You need "ovtopofix -A"  since you have only one map.    When you next open the read-write map it will synchronize for a long time because you "ovtopofix -A" will cause ipmap to re-evaluate all the symbols on the map.  Make sure the map you start says "Read-Write" at the bottom bar.

As for not seeing the host, did you try the Locate function in the GUI?  It may not be where you expect it.   If you still don't see it after running "ovtopofix -A", and cannot locate it either, then take the GUI down and try running "ovtopofix  -U <hostname>" as the man page directs.  Then bring the read-write map back up and see what you can find.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

igastelu@unm.edu
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/18/2003 11:27 AM