Re: [nv-l] netmon and SNMP communities

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netmon and SNMP communities
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:44:44 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:50:12 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Your question is confusing. If you can walk it, and they are not using the default, then there must be specific entries in xnmsnmpconf for the node. But those entries do not get put in there until the node is discovered. Do you have the alternate communities listed in the /usr/OV/conf/communityNames.conf file? Those are used at discovery and at demandpoll to add specific entries in xnmsnmpconf.

Detroit

"Federico Vidal" <fvidal@tecsystem.com.ar>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/26/2003 12:16 PM