Re: [nv-l] Change the SNMP community name on the NetView server

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Change the SNMP community name on the NetView server
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:37:21 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:46:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

If you have any other 'secondary' NetView servers that get a 'NetView Up'
or 'NetView Down' trap when this one comes up and down..will need their
configs changed with xsnmpconf for this host too.   I have used that in the
past to automate some tasks when NetView goes up and down.

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

|         |           "Bursik, Scott   |
|         |           {PBSG}"          |
|         |           <Scott.Bursik@pbs|
|         |           g.com>           |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           12/04/2003 03:00 |
|         |           nv-l             |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "Nv-L (nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                                                   |
  |       cc:
                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Change the SNMP community name on the NetView server

NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

Is it a big deal to change the SNMP community name on the NetView server?

Just to verify.....I need to make the change in the snmpd.conf and
xnmsnmpconf?

Are there any "gotchas" I need to look out for?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik
PBSG