RE: [nv-l] Smartset

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Smartset
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:34:14 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:45:10 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Raymond,

You are very close to what she needs...except Donna was wanting interfaces
instead fo nodes.   She has 100 interfaces they consider critical.   But I
think that Donna should be able to use your sample and get the interfaces
into the SmartSet.   She just needs to use some different field names to
get the results, but the process is the same.

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

|         |           "Erdey, Raymond  |
|         |           M"               |
|         |           <Raymond.M.Erdey@|
|         |           erac.com>        |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           12/04/2003 03:10 |
|         |           nv-l             |

  |       To:       <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                                                 |
  |       cc:       "Jeff Fitzwater" <jfitz@princeton.edu>
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Smartset

To narrow your list down to specific IP addresses instead of ranges, use
"=" instead of "~"... "~" means contains.
I use the "Text Editor" instead of "Dialog" for large SmartSet rules.
Your logic may look something like this:
      (('isNode'=TRUE)
       && (('SNMP ipAddress'='172.18.43.10')
              || ('SNMP ipAddress'='172.18.43.20')
              || ('SNMP ipAddress'='172.18.43.30')