Re: [nv-l] Setting netmon polling time intervals

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Setting netmon polling time intervals
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 01:40:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 06:51:33 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Options..SNMP Configuration. The defaults are generally good. I have no idea what you mean by discovery high and low. Time to read the a Config manual. You have the nvbooks component installed, right? Hit Help...Online books.  Here's another tip:

The manuals are available on the installed server from the Motif interface (Help..Online Books). They will be displayed using Netscape on the AIX server via your X-emulator. The online help for each dialog is delivered the same way. The Web client user's guide is available online from the Web Client interface.

The online help and manuals for Netview and MLM can be available on your PC if you copy them from the Netview server. First make these tar files:
tar -cvf nvhelp.tar /usr/OV/online_help/C
tar -cvf nvbooks.tar /usr/OV/books/C

Copy these files (binary): nvhelp.tar and nvbooks.tar to your PC.
First:
Extract all files in nvhelp.tar accepting the included path of c:\usr\OV\online_help\C.
Second:
Extract all files from nvbooks.tar, specifying and creating the new directory c:\usr\OV\online_help\pdf\

Point a browser at the file c:\usr\OV\online_help\C\default.htm
This will offer all of the manuals in PDF format and in html format. This is the page you should bookmark.

Detroit

John F <nvuser2000@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/04/2003 11:30 PM