[nv-l] Disable the Locate/Submap menu option

To: "NetView List Server" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Disable the Locate/Submap menu option
From: "Ray Westphal" <westphal2002@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:21:25 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:28:28 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello Everyone,
NV 7.1.3 on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to disable the Locate/Submap menu option on my production NetView
server by using nvsec_admin. We have a complicated map and selecting
Locate/Submap option takes over 15 minutes to complete. The map is basically
locked until the Submap list is displayed. So the users requested I disable
this option.

In nvsec_admin screen, I select the my user's Group and the Security
Registration File, ovw. Then set the IBM Tivoli NetView
Windows ->Locate ->Submap to "r". However, the Locate option is still
available. It is not even "grayed out".

I try the same thing on my 7.1.4 test server and it works just fine. I
compared the permissions on all the /usr/OV/security directories and files
between the production and test servers. I found many differences and
corrected them. I've reset the daemons. I ran c_arf2srf against the
/usr/OV/registration/C/ovw file and I also ran ovw -config and ovw -fields
and ovw -verify. Nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas!