RE: [nv-l] Cisco 2500 routers and NetView

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cisco 2500 routers and NetView
From: "Seminara, Sandro" <SSeminara@fnis.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:32:35 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:53:17 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I experienced the same problem about 2 years ago before we replaced our 2500 series routers.  We had approx. 700 2500 series routers of various flavors deployed though out our WAN.  Many of these devices were running out of memory during demand polls etc.  In order combat our polling issues, the only thing we could do was increase the retry and lower the timeout values.

Thank you
Sandro Seminara
Fidelity National Financial