Re: [nv-l] Mib2trap alcatel AOS devices

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Mib2trap alcatel AOS devices
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:07:55 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:14:02 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

This MIB isn't loadable because what it is doing is defining the construct  MODULE-IDENTITY.   The loader won't let you do that.  It already "knows" what MODULE-IDENTITY  means and will not let you re-define it.
Not all MIBs are loadable.  Some very basic ones are already "hard-wired" into the product.
Generally speaking the ones you have to load are vendor-specific  MIBs.
If I steered you wrong talking about the IMPORTS section, I'm sorry.   You don't necessarily have to load all of those.  Only those which contain constructs the loader tells you  he cannot resolve.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/13/2004 02:56 PM