Re: [nv-l] AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters
From: "Gerardo Ruiz Garcia" <gerardo_ruiz@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:34:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:41:31 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
The question was stop nvsecd.
Thanks.

1) The variable name is AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters (plural)
2) Yyou also have to "export AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters" after setting
it in netnmrc.pre
3) You have to recycle ALL daemons including ovspmd: "ovstop nvsecd;
/etc/netnmrc"

Olive

|         |           "Gerardo Ruiz    |
|         |           Garcia"          |
|         |           <gerardo_ruiz@ini|
|         |           cia.es>          |
|         |           Sent by:
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           15.01.2004 12:44 |
|         |           Please respond
>o|
|         |           nv-l             |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                             |
  |       cc:
>

  |       Subject:  [nv-l] AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters
                                             |

  >--------------------------------------
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I want to use AdditionalLegalTrapCharacter feature to escape several
characters.
I have create /usr/OV/bin/netrmrc.pre file with the definition of the
variable
:
>ditionalLegalTrapCharacter=':'
I stop and start daemos with ovstop and ovstart.
The feature doesn´t work, the file ovactiond.log only indicates that
charactes
.- will be escaped.
Netview is 7.1.1 AIX 4.3.3.
Where is the mistake?