[nv-l] xnmappmon & ovwinit

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] xnmappmon & ovwinit
From: Laurie.Gellatly@netic.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:07:15 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:39:10 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi All,
AIX 4.3
NetView 7.1.3

When "myapp", a C application, is run directly from a registration file it
can connect
to NetView via OVwInit(), but the text output goes to the terminal session
that
started ovw and is not as easily seen.
registration file currently has: Command  "/usr/myapp";

It would be better if the output was visable by using xnmappmon, but when
that's
been tried, OVwInit() complains that it can't connect to NetView.
registration file would have: Command "xnmappmon -cmd /usr/myapp";

The ovw_examples does not have a sample code for this.
Can someone show me how to overcome this
as I could not find anything of use in the archives either.

Many thanks            ...Laurie :{)