[nv-l] Local SNMP traps

Subject: [nv-l] Local SNMP traps
From: "Brian W Green" <brian.green@cgi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:14:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:44:34 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I have an snmp related question.  If I have an application on a server
that spews SNMP traps, and there is a Tivoli EP on the server, is there
a way that I an redirect the SNMP traps to flow through the Tivoli
framework?  We are in a secure network, and every additional
communication requirement is met with some resistance, so I am trying to
find a workaround for this, instead of having SNMP flow through to the
Gateway (where I would run the TEC SNMP adapter) or to NetView.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
IBM Certified Deployment Professional
CGI Information Systems and Management Consulting
275 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1P 5H9
(613) 234-2155